At this time of the year, many of us are thinking about making New Year's Resolutions to improve our life. According to techtimes.com, "for the ancient people of Mesopotamia, declaring their resolutions wasn't just to inform others that they were on a personal mission, such as losing weight or learning a new language. Instead, New Year's "resolutions," presented during the 12-day festival of Akitu, were more similar to a pledge to the king. The people who take the oath must do so to maintain favor with the gods."
Although we are not held to those same expectations in our culture, we shouldn't fall off the wagon too quickly. It's important to reach our goals for our own well-being.
It is difficult to maintain the same level of motivation you have at the beginning of the year, throughout the year. But it is possible.
Below area six steps to help you create and keep your New Year's Resolutions:
- Your goals should be specific; define how you will reach your goal
- Write your resolutions down and keep them somewhere you can seem them everyday
- Have an accountability partner; someone who will support and encourage you along the way
- Reward yourself at each milestone to stay motivated
- Ask others for help when you feel you're about to give up
- Continuously reassess where you are in reaching your goal-are you on track?
At WallPressions we wish you good luck in your 2017 endeavors!
"Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." Ephesians 5:16